Cheesy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon & creamy avocado all stuffed inside charred corn tortillas & served with your favorite chunky salsa! These breakfast tacos are so easy & always a crowd favorite!
Breakfast. Tacos…where have you been all my life? Seriously these are so good! If you live anywhere in Austin, Texas then I’m sure you’ve heard of breakfast tacos by now. (They were literally on every single corner when we visited a few months ago!😂) But out here in California – they’re never on the menu… So we need to change that asap! These tacos are filled with warm fluffy cheesy eggs, crispy bacon bits, lots of avocado, a sprinkle of cilantro and your favorite chunky style salsa! You can serve them for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner – they’re sooo good for so many things! Simple, easy and perfect for a quick meal!
Ingredients For Your Breakfast Tacos
- Tortillas: Any kind of tortillas work for this recipe! (I personally love using corn tortillas.)
- Eggs: Soft scrambled eggs are the BEST in these tacos!
- Shredded cheese: We usually use Monterrey jack or white cheddar cheese for our tacos. (Feel free to use your favorite!) You’ll need about 1 cup for this recipe.
- Bacon: Makes for the perfect savory, crunchy, salty bite!
- Avocado: Creamy & smooth and pairs so well with your bacon bits.
- Cilantro: A sprinkle of fresh herbs elevates the flavor in these tacos!
- Salsa: I’d recommend using your favorite chunky salsa for maximum flavor!
How to Make Breakfast Tacos
- Cook the bacon. Cut your bacon strips into bite size pieces and cook them in a skillet over medium low heat until brown and crispy. Then transfer the bacon bits to a plate lined with a paper towel and discard the grease.
- Prepare the rest of your ingredients. Shred your cheese, chop the cilantro and dice your avocado. (You’ll want everything ready to go as soon as you’re done cooking the eggs.)
- Warm the tortillas. Heat your tortillas using your preferred method. Keep them stored in a tortilla keeper to stay warm.
- Cook your eggs. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and pour your whisked eggs in once it’s hot. Season them with salt and pepper and cook the eggs until they’re mostly cooked through but still look slightly wet. Then sprinkle your cheese over the top and continue cooking until the cheese has melted. (You might want to flip the eggs a few times to incorporate the cheese throughout.) Take the pan off the stove and assemble your tacos.
- Assemble your tacos. Layer each tortilla with your cheesy eggs, bacon bits, diced avocado, a sprinkle of cilantro and a spoonful of salsa. Serve them immediately with your favorite salsa on the side.
Want the best charred tortillas?! Use a tortilla pan! This is the one we use: CLICK HERE! (I cannot recommend this enough!)
There’s so many options when it comes to breakfast tacos! Here are a few fun ways you can switch them up below:
- Fry your eggs instead! Over-easy, over-medium or even sunny side up! Hello runny yolks!😉
- Switch up the meats! Replace your bacon with sautéed breakfast sausage, chorizo/soyrizo, diced ham or even leftover carne or pollo asada!
- Add some veggies! Amp up the nutrients by adding sautéed bell pepper, onions, canned green chiles (drained first), tomatoes or even potatoes o’brien! The options are endless!
- Play around with cheese! Any type of shredded cheese is so good in these tacos! (Try pepper jack for a little kick.) Crumbled cheeses are great too! Feta, goat cheese or cotija would all be delicious options!
- Get crazy with condiments! Hot sauces, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream – use them all!
Tips For Making the Best Breakfast Tacos
- Make your bacon early! Your bacon will take the longest to cook, so cooking it the day before saves so much time when you’re ready to serve. You’ll just need to prepare the eggs, tortillas and any toppings you want the day of!
- Cook the eggs last! Everything else will keep warm but the eggs tend to cool down quickly. Cooking them last ensures your tacos will stay piping hot!
- I recommend using 1-2 eggs per taco depending on the size of your eggs and how many mix-in’s you’re adding to them.
Why you’ll love this breakfast taco recipe!
- So many variations! Add your favorite veggies, hot sauces or even switch up the meats! You really can’t go wrong!
- A quick & easy meal! These breakfast tacos only take minutes to make & hardly any prep time! Just cut, scramble and stuff everything inside your favorite corn tortillas!
- Fun twist on breakfast for dinner! Switch up your usual “breakfast for dinner” options for something with a little more flare! They’ll become a family favorite meal in no time!
More taco recipes you might like:
- Crispy Chicken Carnitas Tacos
- Chipotle Lime Shrimp Tacos with Chipotle Lime Sauce
- Crispy Shrimp & Poblano Tacos with Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- Chipotle Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
Easy Breakfast Tacos with Bacon & Avocado
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 bacon slices
- 1-2 avocados, diced or sliced
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- Cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Chunky salsa, for serving
- Cut your bacon strips into bite size pieces and cook them in a skillet over medium-low heat until brown and crispy. (About 14-16 minutes) Then transfer the bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel to cool. Discard the grease.
- Next heat your tortillas using your preferred method and keep them stored in a tortilla keeper to stay warm.
- Then heat a large skillet over medium high heat and spray it with cooking spray. Whisk your eggs in a separate bowl and pour them into your skillet once hot. Season them with salt and pepper and cook the eggs until they're mostly cooked through but still look slightly wet. Then sprinkle your cheese over the top and continue cooking until the cheese has melted. (You might want to flip the eggs a few times to incorporate the cheese throughout.) Then take the pan off the stove and assemble your tacos.
- To assemble your tacos, layer each tortilla with your cheesy eggs, bacon bits, diced avocado, a sprinkle of cilantro and a spoonful of salsa. Serve them immediately with your favorite toppings and extra salsa on the side.