A easy and delicious chicken soup made with black beans, corn, green chiles and enchiladas sauce! It’s everything you love about chicken enchiladas just all put in a bowl!
Chicken, corn, beans, tortillas… Sounds like the whole enchilada to me! 😉 Just kidding, we’re taking one of my favorite Mexican dishes and turning it into one deliciously healthy soup instead! Since it’s been freezing cold here in Cali lately (I’m talking a whopping 60 degrees…) my sun kissed body has been craving all the warm and cozy meals. And this crock pot chicken enchilada soup hits the spot every single time!
I feel like I have a love/hate relationship with soups (especially ones made in the crock pot). On one hand, they’re soo incredibly easy to make that they’re practically foolproof. On the other hand…they’re so hard to write about too! I mean how many times can I say “Put everything in the slow cooker and turn it on” before it gets a little…err…repetitive?! So I’m going to keep this one short and sweet today loves.
Ingredients to Make the Soup
(It sounds like a bucket list but really it’s just a lot of opening cans!)
- Shredded chicken
- Chicken stalk (always use unsalted)
- Diced tomatoes, canned
- Enchilada sauce, canned
- Green chiles (hot or mild), canned
- Black beans, canned
- Fresh or frozen corn
- Chili powder
- Bay leaves
What toppings do I serve with chicken enchilada soup?
Ahh yes. The toppings, my favorite part! Some of my favorites include:
- Tortilla strips
- Green onion
- Lime wedges
- Sour cream
How do I reheat chicken enchilada soup?
So easy! All we do is pour however much soup we want into a large pot, cover it, heat it on the stove over medium heat and wait until it becomes nice and hot. You may need to stir it occasionally to make sure nothing is burning. If the soup appears to be “too thick”, just add a little bit of water until you reach your desired consistency.
Because this soup is so easy, I love meal prepping it over the weekend to have throughout the week. It makes for a perfect warm and cozy dinner or even a hearty lunch on the go!
You’ll be loving this crock pot chicken enchilada soup in no time babes!
More Mexican Recipes:
- Easy Mexican Corn Dip
- Shrimp and Avocado Ceviche (One of my most popular recipes on the blog!)
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Baked Chicken Fajita Taquitos
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1½ lbs. chicken (cooked & shredded)*
- 1 14.5 oz can chicken stock (unsalted)
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 4 oz can green chiles
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 10 oz bag frozen corn (or 1-2 fresh corn cobs with kernels cut off)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Optional toppings: tortilla strips, cheese, green onion, sour cream, lime wedges, avocado
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot (except for the toppings) and stir. Cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Add your toppings to each bowl right before serving.