Rich chocolate hazelnut butter and chocolate chips are combined to create these decadently delicious gluten free brownies! These brownies are so easy, you’ll keep making them again and again!
Ok babes, my obbsession with brownies is about to GET. REAL! Mainly because I just discovered these “healthier” brownies that only require 8 ingredients and are gluten and refined sugar free! Plus they’re loaded with all of my favorite things too! We got chocolate: check, nut butter: check, chocolate chips: check, that ooey gooey fudgy deliciousness that makes you think you just died and went to heaven: check check check! So without further ado, let’s get to my new favorite chocolate hazelnut butter brownies!
Only 8 ingredients!
Yes you read that right! These brownies only need 8 ingredients (all of which I’m sure you already have in your house) and there’s no oil, no butter, no gluten and no refined sugar in them what-so-ever! So what are these ingredients?
- Chocolate Hazelnut Butter: I prefer using Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut & Almond Butter for this recipe because it tastes almost exactly like Nutella. (Justin’s has less sugar and is more natural.) However, you can use any type of chocolate hazelnut butter you want for this recipe.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Coconut Sugar: If you don’t have coconut sugar, you can always use regular brown sugar instead.
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips: Feel free to use your favorite kind of chocolate here. I would personally suggest using milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
How to Make Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Brownies
The directions for these brownies could not be any easier!
- Whisk the eggs together in a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Using a large spoon, stir the batter together until it’s fully combined.
- Pour it into an 8×8 baking pan that’s been lined with parchment.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
That’s it! Not too hard at all right?
Notes about this recipe:
- The batter will be VERY THICK! You’ll need to use a large spoon or spatula to spread the batter out evenly.
- DO NOT use a whisk to stir the batter! When you whisk brownie batter, it creates air pockets that makes little holes on the top of your brownies. Always use a large spoon or stirring utensil instead.
Like I said earlier, this recipe is pretty straight forward and hardly takes any time at all to make. You just throw a few ingredients together in a bowl, pop it in the oven and viola – super moist and decadent brownies are at your fingertips in less than 30 minutes! Sounds lie one winning dessert if you ask me! 😉
More recipes like this:
- Almond Butter Cookies
- Butternut Squash Brownies
- Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- S’mores Cookies
- Banana Bread Brownies
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Brownies
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut butter (like Nutella)*
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs together in a bowl. Add the hazelnut butter, cocos powder, vanilla, coconut sugar, coconut flour and baking soda. Stir with a large spoon to combine.Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the brownies are done, let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes before taking them out to cut.