Fresh carrots, tender raisins and a warm gooey center! These easy carrot cake blondies are the perfect treat for Spring! (And let’s not forget that decadent cream cheese frosting!)
Best part about Springtime?? Gotta be the carrot cake! And while I LOVE baking and LOVE making seasonal desserts, sometimes the idea of making a cake can just seem so daunting… (Plus I just don’t have the time most weeks.) So instead I dumbed it down a made an easy one bowl recipe that still gets your carrot cake fix in with VERY minimal work! Say hello to these incredibly simple and delicious carrot cake blondies!
If you’re looking for a fast and easy carrot cake-ish recipe, then this is the recipe for you! These ingredients are super simple and take no time at all to make! (Plus they’re gluten free and dairy free too! …Minus the frosting. 😉 )
- Cashew butter: Can also be replaced with almond butter.
- Coconut sugar: Can be replaced with brown sugar
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Grated carrots
Can I use a different type of nut butter?
Absolutely! I used cashew butter for this recipe because it has a very mild flavor to it so it allows the carrots and raisins to really shine. However, you can also use almond butter instead too! (I wouldn’t suggest using peanut butter unless you want a VERY strong peanut butter-y taste.)
What kind of carrots should I use?
I would suggest using fresh carrots instead of the already pre-shredded ones you can find in a bag. While these pre-shredded carrots are great for cutting down on time, I personally don’t think they have the same flavor as fresh carrots. That being said, buying fresh carrots in bulk also tends to be a little cheaper too! So it’s really a win-win! 🙂
How do I make healthier cream cheese frosting?
Cream cream frosting is by far my most favorite frosting! And this easy recipe is a great way to lighten it up without sacrificing on flavor! Check out the recipe below:
- 4oz. cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, greek yogurt and vanilla together until full combined.
- Then slowly add in your powdered sugar and continue beating until the frosting is smooth.
- Store the frosting the int he refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
*This frosting can be made a few days in advance with should last for about 1 week in the fridge. (If you like a lot of frosting, you might want to double this recipe too. 🙂 )
Tips for making carrot cake blondies
- Wait until the bars are completely cool before taking them out of the pan! This is very important! These blondies are very fragile and can easily break apart if they’re lifted out too soon.
- Make sure the bars have cooled completely before frosting them. If you frost them too early then the frosting will just slide right off.
- Do not beat/whisk the blondie ingredients together! (Only whisk the egg first.) In order to achieve that “fudgy” blondie texture, you’ll want to stir the ingredients together with a large spoon. Whisking the ingredients adds more air to the bars and causes them to comes out more like carrot cake.
- If you like a lot of frosting, you might want to double the frosting recipe. The original recipe gives you just enough frosting for a thin layer on top.
How should I store these carrot cake blondies and cream cheese frosting?
If you aren’t frosting all the bars at the same time, then I would definitely store the blondies and frosting separately!
- To store the blondies: Simply place the blondies in a sealed air tight container and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. These should be good for about 5 days.
- To store the cream cheese frosting: Pour the frosting into a sealed air tight container and store it in the fridge. This should be good for 1 1/2 weeks.
Hope you all enjoy these easy blondie bars just as much as we do!
More recipes like this:
- Banana Bread Brownies (One of my most popular recipes on the blog!)
- Spiced Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- Double Chocolate Butternut Squash Brownies
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Carrot Cake Blondies
For the blondies:
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp almond flour, packed
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour, packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup raisins
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
- ½ tsp vanilla
To make the cream cheese frosting:
- Place the cream cheese, greek yogurt and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until fully combined. Then slowly add in your powdered sugar and beat it again until smooth.
- Place your frosting in the refrigerator until your ready to use it.
To make the blondies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Then add the cashew butter, coconut sugar, almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir with a large spoon. Stir in your carrots and raisins. (The batter will be slightly thick.)
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and spread it out to form an even layer. Bake for 28-30 minutes (or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Let the blondies cool completely before taking them out of the pan to cut and frost.
- *You can either frost the entire pan of blondies or frost each individual blondie bar separately.