Calling all buffalo wing lovers! If that’s you then you’re going to absolutely LOVE these healthier buffalo turkey meatballs! They’re spicy, easy to make and served with a zesty greek yogurt ranch dip!
If you all couldn’t tell by now, I love meatballs! AND I love buffalo sauce too – so these two just seemed to go hand-in-hand! They’re great for appetizer parties, make an incredibly easy dinner or you can even meal prep them for a quick lunch during the week. Plus since these buffalo turkey meatballs are loaded with veggies, they’re also a healthier way to get your buffalo wing fix in too! So without further ado, let’s get to those ingredients!
One reason I love meatballs so much is because their ingredients are always so simple! Just throw together about one pound of ground meat, add in some mix-ins and your good to to go! Here are the ingredients I used for these buffalo meatballs:
- Ground turkey: Can also be replaced with ground chicken!
- Panko breadcrumbs: Can be replaced with regular breadcrumbs or gluten free breadcrumbs too!
- Celery: Adds a nice crunch to the meatballs!
- Green onion
- Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce: I mixed 2 tablespoons into the meat mixture. If you like a spicier meatball, feel free to add 1-2 more tablespoons. (Note: You’ll also be tossing the meatballs in buffalo sauce too so keep that in mind when you’re determining your spice level.)
Can I make these meatballs gluten free?
Absolutely! Simply swap out the panko breadcrumbs for gluten free panko or you can also use regular gluten free breadcrumbs too.
How to make an easy Buffalo Sauce
In order to make a good buffalo sauce, you just need two ingredients: Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and butter. (If you don’t prefer butter, you can also use ghee instead.) But the butter really is the key to this sauce because it helps to tone down the spiciness of the hot sauce. Just keep in mind that the most butter you use, the less spicy your sauce will be. Here’s the ratio I always use for my buffalo sauce:
- 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce + 1 Tbsp butter
It comes out perfect every time!
How to make healthier Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
This is another one of my favorite dips because it’s so simple and so much healthier than your average ranch dip! Simply follow the directions below.
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix
- Mix the two ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat.
*Note: The longer this dip sits in the fridge, the more flavorful it will be. (I always try to make this dip up the night before I know I’m going to use it.)
What can I serve with buffalo turkey meatballs?
Besides being a great appetizer, these meatballs also make for an incredibly easy meal too! Here are some of my favorite ways to serve them:
- Over rice/cauliflower rice
- With a simple salad (use blue cheese dressing or your ranch dip for the dressing)
- With sweet potatoes fries or roasted sweet potatoes
- Turn them into a meatball sub sandwich (Place the meatballs in a hoagie roll, drizzle on your sauce and melt some mozzarella cheese on top)
I hope you all enjoy these buffalo turkey meatballs just as much as we do! If you’re a lover of anything buffalo, then I know you will! 😉
Hope you’re having a great day!
More Recipes like this:
- Italian Turkey Meatballs with Homemade Marinara Sauce
- BBQ Turkey Meatballs
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Baked Cajun Chicken Wings with Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
- BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Easy Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp panko breadcrumbs (use gluten free panko if needed or regular gluten free breadcrumbs)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup green onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp Frank's Red Hot sauce (NOT wing sauce)
For the buffalo sauce:
- ½ cup Frank's Red Hot sauce (NOT wing sauce)
- 2 Tbsp butter
For the ranch dip:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
To make the ranch dip:
- Mix the greek yogurt and ranch dip together in a small bowl. Cover it and store in the refrigerator until you're ready to eat.
To make the meatballs:
- Mix the greek yogurt and ranch seasoning together in a small bowl. Cover it and store in the fridge until you're ready to eat.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the ground turkey, panko, egg, green onion, celery, garlic powder, salt, pepper and hot sauce together in a large bowl.
- For the turkey mixture into 1 inch balls and place them on your broiler pan. Place the pain the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking, melt 2 Tbsp of butter and a ½ cup hot sauce together in a pot on the stove. Once the meatballs are done, toss them in the sauce and serve immediately with your ranch dip.