Love banana bread? Then you’re going to love this easy french toast recipe! It’s slightly sweet, loaded with bananas and takes no time at all to make!
Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love banana bread? And who doesn’t love french toast too right?! So why not fuse the two together for some incredibly delicious banana bread french toast! This is by far my favorite way to make french toast now and it’s packed with so much flavor! (Plus it’s easy to make and only requires 5 ingredients too!😉)
Like I said before, this recipe only calls for 5 ingredients and they couldn’t be any simpler!
- Bread slices: I like using sourdough, but any kind of bread will work too. (Feel free to use gluten free bread if needed)
- Bananas: The riper – the better!
- Almond milk: Can be replaced with regular milk or your favorite type of non-dairy milk
That’s it loves! How simple is that?!
How do I make healthier candied pecans?
Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix together 1 cup pecans + 1 Tbsp maple syrup + a pinch of salt in a bowl and lay them out in a single layer on your baking sheet. Bake for 6-7 minutes or until the pecans have slightly darkened. Let them cool completely on the sheet before taking them off and storing.
*These pecans should stay good for about 1 1/2 weeks.
How do I make sauteed bananas?
Heat a large saute pan over high heat. While the pan is heating, cut your bananas into slices. (DO NOT use over ripe bananas for this! They can become very mushy, very fast. I like using slightly under ripe bananas instead.) Once the pan is hot, spray it with non-stick cooking spray and place your bananas in the pan. Cook them for 30 seconds or until they’re slightly browned, flip them over and cook them for an additional 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
It really doesn’t get any easier than this for breakfast loves! So if you’re a banana bread lover (which I’m sure you are! 😉 ), then you NEED to make these ASAP!
Hope you’re all having an amazing day!
More recipes like this:
- Lemon French Toast with Blueberry Compote
- Cinnamon Peach Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Banana Bread Bagels
- Banana Pancake Donuts with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Banana Bread French Toast
For the french toast:
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 bread slices (I used sourdough)
- Optional: extra banana slices
For the candied pecans:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
To make the pecans:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the pecans, syrup and a few sprinkles of salt together in a bowl. Pour the pecans onto your prepared baking sheet and spread them out in an even layer.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes or until the pecans have slightly darkened. Allow the pecans to cool completely on the sheet before storing.
To make the french toast:
- Preheat your griddle or saute pan.
- In bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, egg, almond milk and cinnamon.
- Once the griddle is hot, spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Take your bread slices and one at a time, dip both sides into your batter. Place the bread onto your hot griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides or until crispy.
- Serve immediately with bananas slices, candied pecans and syrup!