Sweet bananas and gooey chocolate chips come together to make these decadent banana bread blondies! Trust me, you won’t be able to stop at one!
Anyone else buy bananas just to watch them slowly decay on your kitchen counter? Because I am sooo guilty of that… But that just means I get to bake with them then so it’s kind of a win-win in my book! 😉 And these ooey gooey banana bread blondies are always a HUGE win! So I’m re-sharing this recipe with you all today with some new pictures, new tips and the same ultra decadent taste!
(Besides you all needed another excuse to bake this weekend, right?! 😉 )
I always love recipes that use simple ingredients and this recipe is definitely one of them! Here are the ingredients I used below.
- Coconut sugar: Can be replaced with brown sugar or a different type of granulated sugar.
- Almond butter: Can be replaced with your favorite type of nut butter.
- All purpose flour: Can be replaced with 1:1 gluten free flour.
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
What nut butter works the best for these blondies?
I used creamy almond butter for the recipe (mainly because I LOVE almond butter) but you can also use your favorite type of nut butter too. Just keep in mind that whichever butter you do use, it may alter the taste a little bit. I would suggest using cashew butter or peanut butter if you’re looking for a replacement. (Note: If using peanut butter, there WILL be a very strong peanut buttery taste to these brownies!)
When are bananas the best for baking?
My rule of thumb is, the browner the better! I’ll usually wait until most of the banana is very brown before I use it in a recipe. But if you can’t wait that long, at least try to use one that’s mostly spotty for the best results.
- Remember: The BROWNER the banana, the SWEETER it is and the SWEETER your banana bread blondies will be!
How do I make these blondies dairy free?
So easy! Simply look for dairy free chocolate chips and you’re good to go! all the other ingredients are dairy free already!
Can I make these blondies gluten free?
Absolutely! The easiest way to do so would be to use a 1:1 gluten free flour instead. 1:1 simply means that this gluten free flour can replace the exact same amount of all purpose flour the recipe calls for. (I’ve have great results from using Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Flour and highly recommend it. 🙂 )
Other fun add-in ideas
Personally I love the chocolate chips in the recipe but that’s just because I’m a huge chocolate lover! You can also replace them with some other fun ingredients too. Here are a few of my other favorite add-ins below:
- Chopped nuts
- White chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
I hope you all enjoy these blondies just as much as we do! Have a great day!
More recipes like this:
- Double Chocolate Butternut Squash Brownies
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Brownies
- Banana Pancake Donuts with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my social media @kalefornia_kravings – I love seeing what you create!]
Banana Bread Blondies
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2½ large bananas)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup almond butter (use the drippy kind)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips (milk, dark, semi-sweet or dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the bananas, coconut sugar, almond butter, egg and vanilla together with a large spoon. Add the flour mixture and stir again until it's just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 21-23 minutes. Once done, allow the blondies to cool completely before taking them out of the pan.