Sweet apples & buttery brie are stuffed inside maple glazed chicken breasts & roasted to perfection! This is the BEST stuffed chicken dinner you’ll make this year!
What’s your favorite holiday appetizer? Mine has to be baked brie. There’s just something about that buttery brie and and sweet jam combo that makes my taste buds do a little dance after every bite. And since I’ve been obsessed with stuffed chicken lately, I figured why not combine the two? (Totally normal, right?!) And that’s how this apple and brie stuffed chicken breast recipe was born! It’s simple yet flavorful, perfect for the holidays and so easy to make! This is by far one of my favorite stuffed chicken recipes!
Ingredients for Your Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken breasts: Try to find breasts that are similar in size so their cooking time is the same. (Always use boneless & skinless chicken breasts too!)
- Apples: I love using sweeter apples like honeycrisp or fujis for this recipe. If you’re looking for a more tart apple then granny smiths would work the best.
- Brie: Use a wedge of brie instead of a wheel for easy cutting.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness to your glaze. (Always use the real stuff!)
- Dijon mustard: I’ve had the best results with smooth dijon mustard. I wouldn’t suggest using whole grain mustard for this recipe.
- Garlic: Who doesn’t love a little bit of garlic right?!
- Spices: Dried thyme, salt & pepper are all you need!
How to Make Apple and Brie Stuffed Chicken
- Prep the oven. Turn your oven on to 400 degrees.
- Prepare your filling & glaze. Core and slice your apples, slice your brie and mix your glaze ingredients together.
- Prep the chicken. Lay your chicken breasts flat on a cutting board and cut a slit in each one about 3/4 of the way through. Then season both sides with salt & pepper.
- Sear, stuff & glaze. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat & spray it with non-stick cooking spray once hot. Add your chicken breasts and sear for 2-3 minutes per side. Once done, remove your breasts and fill them with 3 slices of brie and 3-4 slices of apples. Place thm baack in your cast iron and brush them with your glaze.
- Bake! Place the cast iron in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes. Serve!
Don’t have a cast iron? No worries! Simply sear your chicken in a skillet and transfer it to a baking pan to bake. It’s that easy!
Tips For Making the Best Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Place your brie in the freezer for 10ish minutes to make slicing it easier.
- Sear your chicken before stuffing it (only if you care about having a “pretty” looking sear). Trust me, it’s soo much easier doing it this way than stuffing them first. Otherwise your filling will most likely fall out when you flip them, it’ll be a huge mess and you’ll be stressed and you just don’t need that headache.😊
- Don’t overstuff your breasts!
- Reserve some glaze to drizzle over your finished chicken. (Just make sure whatever you used to brush your chicken with doesn’t go back into the glaze.)
Why you’ll love this stuffed chicken recipe
- Fancy yet simple! With one look your guests will think you spent hours slaving away in the kitchen, when really it only took a few minutes to through this dish together!
- Exploding with flavor! Maple, dijon, apples, brie – it all pairs so well together!
Need it gluten free? Great news, it already is!
More chicken recipes you might like:
- Roasted Maple Glazed Chicken Thighs with Apples & Cranberries
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffedd Zucchini Boats
- Baked Balsamic Chicken with Caprese Salsa
- Pineapple Stuffed Teriyaki Chicken
[Made one of my recipes? Make sure to tag my Instagram @kalefornia_kravings & leave a review in the comments. I love seeing what you create!]
Apple and Brie Stuffed Chicken Breast
For the stuffed chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1 honeycrisp apple, cored and sliced
- 1 wedge brie cheese, sliced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
For the maple glaze:
- 2 Tbsps maple syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
To make the glaze:
- Whisk your glaze ingredients together and set it aside.
To make the stuffed chicken:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Then lay your chicken breasts flat on a cutting board and cut a slit into each one about ¾ of the way through. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Next heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Once hot, place your chicken breasts in the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove your chicken from the pan and stuff them with your sliced apples and brie.
- Return your chicken back to the cast iron and brush them with your glaze. Place the cast iron in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through. (Interenal temp should be 165 degrees.)