5 Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies! Ok loves, these are my pride and joy. My go-to cookie recipe. My very first post on this site…. And it was in serious need of an update.
When I first wrote this recipe wayy back when, I remember thinking “this is going to be the best blog post ever!” And I truly though that it was at the time. Buttt after reading over it again, I realized that I couldn’t have been further from the truth. It was like when you re-watch those old home videos of yourself at 5 years old performing a dance routine to NSYNC that you personally choreographed and thought that you were the sh*t… (Sorry baby Caitlin, but a 5 year old flailing their arms and legs around does not constitute dance moves… Those were pity claps hun.)
So I’ve decided to spare you all from that horror and am now re-introducing the easiest cookies you will ever make. 5 INGREDIENT ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES! -with a twist!
The original recipe for chocolate chips, which is definitely still amazing, BUT me being me, I had to amp it up a bit. For this batch, I used Chocolove’s Salted Almond Butter in Dark Chocolate bar as the topper and it could not have turned out any more fabulous! Think peanut butter kiss cookie meets his DROP DEAD GORGEOUS cousin – almond butter! 😉
Reasons why I love this cookie:
- NO FLOUR! Nope, nada, zilch!
- NO REFINED SUGAR! Only coconut sugar in these bad boys! (You can also sub in brown sugar or even date sugar instead)
- NO BUTTER OR ADDED OIL! They get everything they need from the almond butter.
- DAIRY FREE! Just use a chocolate that’s dairy free. Enjoy Life has some great options! (Side note: For those of you thinking this, eggs are not considered dairy. Weird I know…. More info on that one here.)
- PALEO FRIENDLY! You lucky peeps get to have these too! (Just make sure to use dairy free chocolate.)
Some other important things to remember:
- These cookies WILL look underdone when you pull them out of the oven! Don’t stress though, they’ll harden as they cool.
- If you’re choosing to top these cookies with a chocolate square, make sure to do so as soon as they come out of the oven. (We wan’t that melted chocolate action! 😉 )
- The dough can also get pretty soft (especially if it’s a warm day), so you might wneedant to refrigerate it before baking.
Other than that, they’re practically fool proof!
What are you waiting for babe?! Hop to it and make them ASAP!
5 Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup smooth almond butter*
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk, dark, semi-sweet) or use 1 chocolate bar**
- Optional: collagen peptides***
To make cookies with chocolate chips:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Beat egg in large bowl. Add almond butter, baking soda and coconut sugar and stir with a spoon until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and place them on your prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (Cookies will look underdone but will harden as they cool.) Sprinkle with sea salt after removing them from the oven. Serve!
To make cookies with chocolate bar on top:
- Follow the same directions as above except leave out the chocolate chips in step 2.
- Place one chocolate square on top of each cookie immediately after taking them out from the oven. Sprinkle with sea salt & serve!